authoramandayoung

Author Amanda Young Says

Amanda Young likes to read as much as she writes. Maybe more. Is anything better than a good steamy romance or a shocking horror novel?

Deathbringer
Inertia
Amelia C. Gormley
Signal to Noise
Talya Andor

The Geography Of Murder (Geography of Murder, #1)

The Geography Of Murder - P.A. Brown I'm not quite sure how I feel about this novel yet, so I'm going to wait to score it until I've had a little more time to digest everything. I will say that the story itself is a page turner. I kept reading until the end, staying up until 2am, wondering who "did it" and whether or not Alex and Jason would end up together. If I were judging this book on the mystery alone, I would give it 5 stars. However, the relationship aspects leave me a little confused and torn. I have nothing against BDSM themes; I've probably read more than my share. However, Spider's character rubbed me the wrong way almost from the start. He comes off as abusive rather than just domineering. Enough so that it's colored my judgment on the rest of the book. YMMV, but all I kept thinking toward the end was that Jason needed to move on and find someone else.So, yeah... I'm torn. If you're looking for a mystery, this is a good one. If you're interested in a romance that will leave you with that "feel good" sensation at the end, you may want to pass. Then again, I might just be too sensitive when it comes to this sort of thing. Edited to add:Upon further reflection, I've decided to go with 4 stars. I chose four because although I had some issues with the relationship aspects of the book, the plot itself was quite good. Also, whether I liked the emotions the story evoked or not, it did make me feel something. My gut reaction screamed abuse, but many others may not see things the same way I did. After having a mother and sister involved in abusive relationships, I'm afraid my personal life colored my perception of the book's characters. I am interested to see other peoples take on the book though...